HOTRODGRIZZLYFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODGRIZZLYFORUMS.COM

YAMAHA GRIZZLY

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 89 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:25 am
Top posters
Traillizard
Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Vote_lcapHighlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Voting_barHighlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Vote_rcap 
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Vote_lcapHighlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Voting_barHighlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Vote_rcap 
PA. GRIZZLY
muddygrizz
moto92
moose73
yepsed
Grumpy
Gyrene
flimmy
Latest topics
» forum test
Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 2:50 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New Guy from Lake Charles, LA
Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 12:52 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Moved to hotrodforums.net
Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 12:45 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 12:44 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 12:43 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» moved to hotrodforums.net
Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 12:42 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» FREE HOTROD GRIZZ SHEAVE KIT
Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 12:02 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» JBS GRIZZ 450???
Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 9:31 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» The Pesky 450
Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:10 am by SpecEdition

Most active topics
Let's see them hotrod Grizzlies
My 11' 700 EPS
some action shots!
FREE HOTROD GRIZZ SHEAVE KIT
Grizzly 700 Sheave Kit!
MY GRIZZLY GARAGE, WORKSHOP, MANCAVE.
Post Your JBS setup
A lil riding behind the house
Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance
Lake Houser NC ride
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Go down 
+2
PA. GRIZZLY
moose73
6 posters
AuthorMessage
moose73

Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Empty
PostSubject: Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance   Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 1:36 am

Highlifter Springs Installed. I was impressed with the added ground clearance. Anyone wondering if they should I would recommend them. 1.5" increase all around.

Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Rear_s10

Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Dsc04015
Back to top Go down
moose73

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance   Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 1:43 am

Spring beside OEM Spring and Spring Compressor.

Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Dsc04016

Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Dsc04017
Back to top Go down
PA. GRIZZLY

PA. GRIZZLY

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance   Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 12:08 pm

Nice
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino

WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance   Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 4:53 pm

cheers ..nice!!
Back to top Go down
Traillizard

Traillizard

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance   Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 10:44 am

Is the ride a lot stiffer??
Back to top Go down
moose73

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance   Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:11 pm

Not much. Set preloads at halfway now..
Back to top Go down
moto92

moto92

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance   Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:23 am

so is the highlifter just a stiffer spring sense they appear to be the same size to me.
how hard are they to install
Back to top Go down
moose73

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance   Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 11:18 pm

Stiffer Spring, yes. Easy to install with the spring compressor tool highlifter sells. I would recommend getting it.
Back to top Go down
moto92

moto92

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance   Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 12:18 am

would you recommed the springs over a lift kit?
Back to top Go down
moose73

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance   Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 12:26 am

I personally would but I have never ran with a lift.
There is a lot of talk about the need to upgrade axles to high strength if you go to a lift kit and busting CV joints if you don't.
I am happy with the added lift the springs gives plugs the added weight you can haul without compressing the springs as much.

That being said a lift is still on my wish list.
Back to top Go down
Traillizard

Traillizard

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance   Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 10:10 am

Rhino brand axles are really beaffy and I got mine for $200 a pop from moto alliance, a must have if you are adding more angle to your CV joints
Back to top Go down
muddygrizz

muddygrizz

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance   Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:36 pm

Nice ive looked at these springs for years now but never saw how much of improvement they made, they have just been moved a little further up my wish list
Back to top Go down
moose73

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance   Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 1:51 am

muddygrizz wrote:
Nice ive looked at these springs for years now but never saw how much of improvement they made, they have just been moved a little further up my wish list

Agree, I was pleasantly suprised with the added ground clearance. Worth every penny imo. Another little benifit is the 660 pops wheelies now like nothing. Stiffer spring = more power transfer to the tires I guess not just the rear end sag I had before when I punched it. cheers

And thats before I install the JBS sheave. Still have not got around to it yet.. Sad
Back to top Go down
muddygrizz

muddygrizz

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance   Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 10:44 pm

uh pops wheelies easier? Im already having a hard time keeping the front down haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance   Highlifter Springs Installed - Before and After Clearance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1